The Drum Awards for Out of Home Advertising, in partnership with Alight Media, returns in November (entry deadline: September 14) to celebrate the campaigns, people and companies driving innovation, creativity and excellence around the world.
Over the past year, we’ve seen data-driven creative executions, burgeoning new tech including 3D billboards blurring the lines between content, OOH and experiential, and a wave of advertisers capturing live moments like the Women’s Euros and the Queen’s Jubilee.
That’s why five new categories have been announced for 2022 – Brand Fame, Cross Channel Campaign, Use of Programmatic, Use of Augmented Reality and Best Mural/Hand Painted Display.
Ged Glover, chief revenue officer at Alight Media, who will make up the judging panel alongside leaders and creatives from OAAA, 360i, Talon Outdoor and Yahoo, said: “These awards showcase creativity and innovation, and it’s been interesting to see how brands are reacting and capturing moments in public spaces – whether that’s through programmatic, data or the creative itself, there’s lots of great work out there and lots to celebrate.
New categories for 2022:
- Brand Fame – celebrates brands who have made a long-term commitment to OOH as a key strategic channel in their media plan
- Cross Channel Campaign – recognizes campaigns where OOH has been used as the lead channel and partnered with at least one other medium for a cross-channel approach
- Best Mural/Hand Painted Display – rewards innovative and impactful use of this evolving OOH format, with a focus on stand-out artistry, clever use of location, innovation, marketing integration and effective amplification
- Use of Augmented Reality – recognizes campaigns that have used AR to deliver great brand engagement and prove how it produced demonstrably better results and performance
- Use of Programmatic – rewards those who can show how programmatically was used creatively as a solution in OOH with strong results.
Full article here